Our Two Cents
Draft Northern Ontario Transportation Plan Open for Comments
On December 10, 2020 Ontario’s Ministry of Transportation released a Northern Ontario transportation plan titled Connecting the North: A Draft Transportation Plan for Northern Ontario.
The plan, which demonstrates the province’s commitment to improving travel for people in Northern and remote communities, while supporting economic opportunities and providing recovery strategies on dealing with the impacts of COVID-19, includes more than 60 transportation improvements that will:
• get people moving and connect communities
• enable economic opportunities
• keep people safe and provide reliable transportation options
• prepare for the future
• maintain a sustainable transportation system
• provide reliable travel options for remote and Far North communities
The draft plan has been posted on the Environmental Registry of Ontario (ERO) site and will be available for review and comment for 90 days. The Ministry invites your comments or submissions through the ERO posting, until March 10, 2021.
You can view the draft plan and provide comments here.